In the whole world, India is one of the popular country that is famous for its variety of spices. Over the past few centuries Kerala, a well-known city in India is known as “The Land of Spices”. The traditional meal of India whether it is breakfast or lunch or dinner one might be mesmerized by its flavor, aroma, and most importantly by the taste. So here I am with some amazingly delicious healthy Indian recipes.
However, Indian foods are not just fingers licking tasty but it healthy too. Nowadays most of the peoples are health conscious and very particular about their diet. I hope my healthy recipes for weight loss helps you a bit.
3 best healthy Indian recipes:
1. Instant Rava Idli:
Idli is basically a south Indian food and a very good option for healthy Indian breakfast recipes.
- Rava/Sooji/Semolina- 1 cup (250 ml)
- Curd/Yogurt- ½ cup
- Water- 1 cup (250 ml)
- Green chili- 1 or 2 (Finely chopped)
- Ginger- ½ inch piece (Finely chopped)
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp and 8 to 10 curry leaves
- Grated carrot- 2 tbsp
- Broken cashews- 1 tbsp
- Cumin and mustard seeds- 1 tbsp each
- Oil and ghee- 1 tbsp each
- Baking soda- ½ tbsp
- Salt as per your taste and a pinch of hing/asafetida
- Take a bowl put sooji, yogurt, salt together, and mix them well. Make sure no lumps in it, then cover the bowl with lid and rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After that heat up a tadka pan, put some oil and ghee heat it then add cumin and mustard seeds. Allow them to splutter for 15 seconds.
- Add cashew and fry for 30 to 40 seconds. Then gradually add curry leaves, green chili, ginger, and hing. Give all of them a good stir and turn the flame off.
- Pour the tadka into the prepared batter. Mix them nicely along with grated carrots, coriander leaves. Then add baking soda to it and mix thoroughly and properly with the batter.
- Coming to the final step, grece some oil on idli molds pour the batter steam for 10 minutes
- Now serve the idlis with mouthwatering chutney or sambhar.
2. Chickpeas Dosa:
Dosa is healthy Indian food recipes for everyday breakfast. It is also a good option for healthy Indian vegetarian recipes.
- Soaked chickpeas (soaked 8 to 10 hours)- 1 cup
- Thick poha- ½ cup
- Raw rice (soaked 4 hours)- Quarter cup
- Salt as per your taste
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Little water
- Put all the ingredients in a grinder and make a smooth and fine batter
- Add more water if required
- Spread oil in a hot dosa pan
- Then spread the thick batter, cover it and roast well
- The tastiest and crispy dosa is ready to be served with chutney
3. Mushroom Curry:
Curry is very famous among Indian food and everyone loves spicy curries. Now I am gonna share one of the best healthy Indian recipe spicy mushroom curry using simple ingredients. Mostly we like to eat curries with roti or rice. However, it’s a good option for healthy recipes for weight loss.
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Whole spices- (cinnamon 2 inch, cardamom 2 pc, cumin seeds 1 tsp)
- Onion- 1(finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Tomato pulp of 2 tomatoes
- Salt as per taste
- Dry spices- ( Turmeric powder- ½ tsp, red chili powder- 1 tsp, coriander powder- 1 tsp)
- Mushrooms- 200 g (sliced)
- Water- 100ml
- Cashewnut powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi- ½ tsp
- First, in a hot pan pour oil and then add the whole spices saute for 20 seconds
- Add chopped onion to the oil then add ginger garlic paste, fry it until becoming golden brown
- After that gradually add tomato pulp, dry spices, salt and mix them well
- Then add the main ingredient mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Hereafter add water, then cashew nut powder. Cook for 5 minutes in low flame
- Lastly, add garam masala powder and Kasuri methi to enhance the taste of the curry.
- Serve the mushroom curry with roti or rice and trust me it is the best healthy dinner recipes Indian you’ve ever tried.